Sister Jordan was born in Plantersville, Texas and was the oldest of twelve children. She and her family moved to Houston and settled in All Saints Parish. Sr. Jordan never attended Catholic school but came to know the Dominican Sisters of Houston through Sr. Bernard, who gave religious instruction classes at All Saints Church. She entered the order in 1931 and made final profession in 1938. She served her community in ministry in many places, including at the Motherhouse and at St. Dominic Villa, and ministered to Bishop Wendelin Joseph Nold during his retirement. Sr. Jordan retired to the Villa in 1986 and then spent her last two years at St. Dominic Village. She always prayed for and kept in touch with her family, her community and the wider world.