The Dominican Sisters of Houston (DSOH) seek a Facilities Manager. DSOH is a community of Catholic women religious who are committed to remaining engaged in furthering their Dominican mission and living fully to the extent of their individual abilities and in relationship with each other. The primary responsibility of the position is to provide a safe environment for the sisters.
The ideal Facilities Manager candidate will be a strong team player and communicator, preferably with a background in plant/facilities operations and management. There is a retirement home on the main campus; experience in geriatric facilities maintenance is a plus.
Strong commitment to establishing warm and supportive relationships with residents and staff as well as focusing on daily maintenance issues.
- Knowledge of budgeting, negotiating contracts with product vendors and hiring maintenance personnel
- Experience with equipment maintenance
- Experience with troubleshooting repair/maintenance issues
- Experience with establishing systems and procedures for maintenance and repair of facilities, grounds, houses, vehicle fleet operations and general preventative maintenance.
- Ability to manage maintenance staff.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- High school graduate
- Five years in a facilities operational/managerial role preferred.
- Ability to lift and move objects of 35 pounds.
- City of Houston Boiler Operator Certification or comparable certification(s)
- EPA 608 Certification
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter in a single attachment by July 15, 2023, to Paula Porter, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org